Is Outlook 2013 Sync Issues With Gmail Problems Caused By Patches Kb2837618 Or Kb2837643
Being a regular Outlook users I can understand that how problems occur while syncing Outlook with Gmail. Before synchronization I was found of MS outlook and like other Outlook users I’m also surprised by the various improvements in Outlook 2013 version. I use Outlook to manage multiple Gmail accounts, all accounts are configured for IMAP. After syncing Outlook with Gmail I had experienced huge pain and unexpected troubles while managing both accounts gmail and outlook. As we all know that IMAP afford and support real time syncing so whenever I used to perform any thing with Outlook it automatically reflected elsewhere like my mobile phone or browser.
Lets understand what exactly happen after syncing Outlook with Gmail?
After synchronization if you delete any email from Outlook then that email shouldn’t see in Gmail Inbox. But unfortunately it happen after syncing, I’ve checked various mail related activities on my phone and browser where IMAP worked properly as it supposed to. It means only MS outlook failed to syncing. After reading many article and FORUM sites I found that thousands of Outlook users have experienced same situation and still seeking solution to fix Outlook 2013 Sync Issues With Gmail. Worst thing is that IMAP syncing issues also affecting Outlook 2013 and Office 365 functionality.
IMAP syncing issues may caused by installing these Microsoft’s Patches Kb2837618 Or Kb2837643 that has been released on 11/12/13. you may read and found many discussion as well forum on these two Kb2837618 Or Kb2837643 patches. There are lots of unexpected errors and troubles are also experiencing after installation of these two security patches, apart from IMAP syncing issues this KB2837618 causes Outlook 2013 to hang. So it advised to Uninstall these updates if you are not ready to do so and want to continue with these updates then you may opt further step that may temporary help to fix existing issues. Mostly, your important email attachments from Outlook gets hacked and inaccessible due to virus attacks. To know more information about virus removal, visit : http://blog.reimage.us.com
What does these Kb2837618 Or Kb2837643 security updates issues affects?
Well after installing Kb2837618 Or Kb2837643 updates you may face some severe troubles such as it may cause to hang Outlook 2013 and also affects its other functionalities, while other hand it may cause IMAP folder to not successfully synchronize.
What should I do to fix this issue?
Fortunately we have some ways to fix this issues, one option is to Uninstall the recent Updates (Kb2837618 Or Kb2837643) offered by Microsoft to Outlook 2013 and Office 365 users. In short we has solution to fix Outlook 2013 Sync Issues With Gmail. To perform this task you need to follow given steps :-
- Go to Start menu then click on → Control Panel.
- Click on → Programs and Features in Control panel
- Click on → View Installed Updates
- Now locate either the KB2837618 or KB2837643 updates to Uninstall them.
Disable the “Show only subscribed folders” option in Outlook
Many Outlook users has reported that the existing problem can be resolved by simply disabling the settings that states to show only subscribe folders in Ms Outlook. To perform this task follow given steps:-
- Right-click on the name of your account with the issue, now click on → IMAP Folders link.
Outlook will open a box with IMAP folders.
- You need to Uncheck the checkbox that says, “When displaying hierarchy in Outlook, show only the subscribed folders.
- Force sending/receiving within Outlook and everything should synchronize up properly.
Issues with synching the Inbox
Change & Set the root folder path for your IMAP account:
- File → Click on → Account Settings → Account Settings…
- Now Double click on → IMAP account.
- Select Button: More Options…
- Tab: Select Advanced tab
Option: Root folder path
- Usually setting this to “INBOX” will do the trick.
- OK yourself out all of the opened dialogs.
- Check you cache retention settings
NOTE :-Depending on the size of your hard disk or SSD in your computer, your Offline Settings might be set to only store up to 1 month, 3 months, 12 month worth of emails on your local disk.
Careful: The more email you cache, the longer it will take to sync especially the first time.
If you are looking to cache additional email having sufficient space on your hard drive then to have to sync slider first and to get it done please follow the below given steps:-
- First of all open File then get Account Settings option and then double tap on IMAP account
- Opt Sync Slider option in order to fix number of emails you want to sync locally.
- If you want to Sync all files then recreate your IMAP account in the Outlook.
- Somehow if the above discussed step do not work then you should restart by erasing the previous IMAP account and then do the same thing to add your account again. While doing this you have to export the required folder that is marked with “This
- Computer Only” to a pst-file. Here it is important to remember to take Contacts as well as Calender folders.
- Get the File Option >> Choose Open & Export and then tap on Account Settings
Again Select Account Settings and then press Remove.